Monday, January 24, 2011

Hap Chan at Harbour Square CCP Complex - Manila Dining



I am far from being a gastronomic adventurer. Most of the time, I stick to a dish that I actually love to eat. But my travels have taught me to spread myself a little more. Meanwhile, back in the country is a different matter altogether. I know what I wanna stuff myself with. One of which is Hap Chan's fish fillet in garlic sauce.

My family and I used to frequent Hap Chan's branch in Wilson Street, but that has since folded. Another branch opened at Megamall's Building A, but that also closed shop. I remembered visiting a friend at St. Luke's along E. Rodriguez, and right across the hospital was another Hap Chan. But that is really too out-of-the-way (and traffic at that side of town is a bit unbearable) for a frequent visit. A new one opened at St. Francis Square's 5th floor Food Court, one that is quite misplaced ina floor of smorgasbord turo turo food..

My post-Christmas holiday included a visit by the Manila Baywalk - at the Harbour Square, CCP Complex. And I found another Hap Chan! So what could be a better way to end the day than stuffing myself with some of my all-time favorites: lechon kawali and Hap Chan's divine "Fish Fillet in Garlic Sauce" - an item incomparably rare in this bustling city - and divine!

CCP Complex's Hap Chan branch is located at the extreme end of the harbor walk, a spanking new joint adorned with blood-red lanterns, cozy interiors and bright lighting fixtures. Of course, there's the amazing view of Manila Bay just outside your table.

This Christmas holiday was nothing but a constant dive into culinary wonders and a bevy of restaurants. Such was that perfect season.

This is the Eye in the Sky!


Fish Fillet with Garlic Sauce - the choicest, freshest cuts of fish meat dipped in the succulence of garlic sauce. Nothing is more heavenly.




Lechon Kawali




Yang Chow Fried Rice


Chilled Taho


Bottomless Iced Tea


From a table with a view of Manila Bay.







2 comments:

Ola said...

And I almost never return to places where I have eaten. Partly pecause I always want to try something new, partly because I a, hardly 100% satisfied:)

From now I am following you, I like your posts very much-they are from places in which I will probably not manage to be:)

eye in the sky said...

Thanks, Ola. And I shall be a regular reader because I love your posts (isn't it obvious I make too lengthy comments - haha).

What I have learned so far from my travels is never say never. I used to say I will never be able to set foot in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc. yet I surprise myself when I find myself standing on their soil.