Saturday, June 21, 2014

Untitled in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei


Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of Brunei, has a lot of promenade and riverwalks. But the central tourist area isn't where most locals frequent. In fact, the place feels a tad too "deserted" in mid-day where the city mostly slumbers. In one of my walks, just across one of the newer malls near the mosque, I came across this "square" by the waters. At night, you hardly notice this gold-painted art work because the nearby buildings  when they change colors easily capture your attention.

But in the day time, it's hard to miss - a harp-like object with a golden ball beside it. What it signified escaped me. I couldn't find any sign. Maybe I wasn't observant enough? But does anything without a name defeat a purpose? Does it cancel out its meaning if it becomes nameless?

Not to me.

This is the Eye in the Sky!

2 comments:

Ola said...

like huge fish!:)

eye in the sky said...

That's an interesting observation. :)