Saturday, March 1, 2014

Boat Lady in Pokhara, Nepal


I was in Pokhara, a sleepy town near the Indian-Nepali border when I caught this boat lady lost in her own thoughts. Pokhara is a gateway to the base camps of Everest but sometimes you feel so isolated from the rest of the world here. It has this end-of-the-world atmosphere that makes it so special. I must have stared at this lady for 15 minutes before I saw movement. The heavenly Phewa Lake provided the backdrop to this scene. What could she be thinking? A child who needed feeding? The laundry left at the clothesline? The sari she wanted to buy from a shop she earlier visited? Those pesky tourists who steal photos when she's most vulnerable?

This is the Eye in the Sky!


6 comments:

Ola said...

and maybe she just enjoyed the moment?
good shot!

eye in the sky said...

Yes, it's interesting to double guess what others are thinking. :)

Damon said...

interesting good post
+follow

eye in the sky said...

Thanks, Damon. You've a cool site too. I LOVE movies. Can't wait for the new Spidey film myself. :)

NRIGirl said...

She's lovely! Wish you had talked to her...

eye in the sky said...

That actually crossed my mind, but I got the impression that she didn't want to be disturbed. So I just watched. :)