Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bangkok, Here I Come Again!



My reservation for Lamphu House for tonight didn't pan out. Fully booked! But I reserved for my 2nd arrival in Bangkok, on the 27th, then on March 2nd. I got the confirmation a few minutes ago. I have to drop by the hotel tomorrow to pay for my reservations, which is fine with me.

As for tonight, I also requested for a room at the new boutique hotel near Chao Phraya River at the Erawan House. It looks nice, and relatively new. They charge 850 baht for a standard room with 2 beds, and 950 baht for a superior room with 2 beds. This includes breakfast.

I don't know where to stay tonight. Exciting. I'll probably just go straight to First House Hotel at the Pratunam area, which is favored by a lot of Pinoy tourists.





I also got an update from my Air Mandalay flight from Yangon (Myanmar) to Bagan, which says that it's been delayed by an hour. I had this update earlier too. Air Mandalay people are so reliable, really competent staff. Most correspondences are replied ASAP, and I mean within 3-4 hours, or overnight at the latest. Even the more difficult credit card transactions (you cannot directly book online as most of the hotels, establishments, airlines don't accept credit cards except in occasional promos that would take days to process) are processed fast..

Credit card transactions for Myanmar air travels are to be booked and paid in Bangkok or Singapore, thus booking is an indirect process. This several change of hand will also draw extra charges, making flights within Myanmar more expensive than they should be.

I inquired from 2 airlines in Myanmar. I didn't get a reply from Air Bagan. Air Mandalay was a different case! They were swift. Another interesting point to consider: travelers should check out online promo first before purchasing them from travel agencies in Yangon. Sometimes. these promos offer as much as 40% discount.

I got my Bagan ticket (one way) at just $80, instead of the pricey $190 one-way ticket. The return flight rate (plus extras) totaled to $180 instead of almost $400. Credit card transaction charges include a service fee and an airport tax of $10.


This is the Eye in the Sky!


No comments: