Friday, August 8, 2014

Tidbit of Surprises in Ubud, Bali (Indonesia)


After a two-hour bus ride (a coaster, really) from Kuta, rolling through rice paddies, hills and artisan shops, I arrived at an almost deserted bus station in Ubud in the Gianyar regency of Indonesia. I somehow felt disoriented, but there was a map on hand. I walked, reluctant to take any tuktuks. Along the way, chanced upon a pond filled with lotuses, surrounded by a golden field of rice. It was little piece of rural Philippines, with specks of differences. After all, I don't have rice paddies beside my house, nor a pond brimming with flowering water hyacinths. 

In the middle of the pond was a fountain that no one seemed to notice... but me? The wonders of Ubud in stages of surprise.

This is the Eye in the Sky!

No comments: