Sunday, September 30, 2012

KL Gastronomy - Salivating Food From the Capital



Food never takes priority during my travels. I always choose the safe and sure bets. But In the last two years or so, I've started experimenting. I'm far from being a connoisseur. I'm still a "safe" eater as far as traveling is concerned. But I've started to spread my wings. And here's just a few of my gastronomic encounters during my last KL visit a few weeks ago. The first one above is dessert: a tower of crushed ice (the finest) with a sprinkling of red beans, "taho pearls" and cashew nuts. Why did I even get this? Because it looked pretty.

The rest are delectable dishes from a Chinese restaurant just across Low Yat Plaza (a Filipina waitress works there): Fried noodle with mixed pork and vegetables; a combination of Chinese-style roast pork and pork barbecue; and, lastly, some fish fillet dish - one of the most delectable I've ever tasted during this trip. Gawd, this makes me hungry. :)

This is the Eye in the Sky!


Fried noodle with mixed pork and vegetables at 20 ringgit - or thereabout.




Roast pork and pork barbecue at a measly 5.50 ringgit. This includes rice and a cup of soup. 



This fish meal is a small order worth 15 ringgit.




7 comments:

Twin said...

I can cook all of that LOL :)

eye in the sky said...

@ Twin:

Sorry, you don't cook desserts/ :)

Twin said...

I can boil the beans haha :)

NRIGirl said...

Wrong timing to read this post - hungry and worn out at a day's end!

eye in the sky said...

@ NRIGirl:

Sorry about that. It's time to kick back and relax then. Order some take out. :)

Ramakrishnan said...

Great spread and I am sure delicious too. But none for me a staunch Hindu vegetarian !

eye in the sky said...

@ Ram:

I can only imagine how healthy vegetarians are. :)