Sunday, November 7, 2010

When Congestion Spells "Dhaka" - Bangladesh Tales


I admit I’ve been a little negligent of my blogging duties. But hey, I’ve been really up to here with work like I have never been. These are the days I wish I had a body double. But I need to fix things at work because, for the most part, the work front deals with lives and a truly complicated mechanics that go beyond physical effort. And in a few days time, I shall have my well deserved sabbatical in a country whose volcanoes are fretting overtime; in an island off an island that’s part of the Banana Pancake Trail. In short, I am consuming my straw of patience. But before that, here is another feature on Dhaka, Bangladesh's historically ravaged capital .



So you think I am just exercising my usage of hyperbole when I declare “Dhaka’s streets are the world’s most congested?” Dhaka is the rickshaw capital of the world for a good reason - and I have heard of reliable stories that point to the rickshaw operators as among Dhaka's richest citizens! Here are images that confirm the very statement. If you’re Bangladesh-bound, don’t say I didn't warn you.

This is the Eye in the Sky!
















2 comments:

pamatayhomesick said...

artistic yung tricycad!.:)

eye in the sky said...

colorful. they're like our jeepneys during the late 70's to 80's.