Thursday, July 16, 2009

Torrential Rains in Paradise - 3rd Time Lucky in Dos Palmas Resort Palawan







Today would be my 3rd visit in Dos Palmas, a resort that rises from Arrecife Island in Honda Bay, Puerto Princesa, Palawan. At around 2AM, the warm blue skies turned into dark, heavy cumulunimbus clouds that soon ravaged the seas with a grand torrential rain. Any form of sand castles would disintegrate, and most of the guests who had been enjoying the beach got worried, me included.

There is something frightening about a tesmpestuous rain that wrecks havoc on an otherwise calm sea. As we were close to taking our boat ride back to the mainland, I decided to calm myself. It was letting up a bit.

Dang! And I was gonna do my sun dance to pay homage for the soul of an erstwhile matinee idol who died of acute pancreatitis here - as well as for the former Abu Sayaf hostages. This was supposed to be off peak, but our resort bus service was full!

It felt good to be back, but things are a bit different. Every activity that you engage in, the resort seemed to find ways to charge it. Times are indeed hard. Even for the seemingly well heeled.

This is the Eye in the Sky.



No comments: