My Travel Creed (Allow me to wax philosophical.)
In this general scheme of things where a single person is just a speck in the vastness of this world, my travels make me feel like I belong to this scheme. It transcends the mundane definition of wealth or success or relationships. Its ironic how this constant mobility – the incessant transfers – keeps me rooted to myself. It’s physically draining, but spiritually uplifting. There is a God who is responsible for the spectacular richness of diversity in people, in cultures, in nations. And I am grateful to be alive to bear witness to all these.
· Manila to Hanoi
· Border crossing: Cau Treo (Vietnam) to Nam Phao (Laos)
· Luang Prabang
· Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng (unlabelled in the map)
· Vang Vieng to Vientiane
· Vientiane to Savannakhet
· Border crossing: Savannakhet (South Laos) to Mukdahan (Thailand) via Friendship Bridge II
· Mukdahan to Bangkok
· Bangkok to Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
· Border crossing: Bavet (Svay Rieng, Cambodia)- Mocbai (Tay Ninh, Vietnam) border
· Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) aka Saigon
· Saigon to Manila
On paper, it already looks like a daunting endeavor. With careful planning, and a little more stamina plus all the excitement, this will be a lot of fun!